Well, I'm finally on a break here before next semester starts next week and I'm hopefully getting back onto the blog in earnest! Christmas, travel, visitors, finals, blah blah. Lots of excuses. Anyway, here we go again.
Just a quick update, really. Let's see. Final essays were stressful, but I think I did ok. Or I failed. I get my first mark (that's English for "grade") tomorrow - fingers crossed! It was a ll a bit of a blur to be honest. Someone asked me yesterday what my topic was for one of my classes and I completely blanked. I spent two weeks on it and I couldn't even remember the topic. Ha! And I had to submit my dissertation topic today. It's only a broad idea so they can assign us to our mentors, but a little bit nerve wracking nonetheless. I'm going to focus on film, celebrity and development. Fun! Ok, enough of the boring school stuff.
Life in England is good - it's still cold, it's still dark and it still rains a lot, but I'm assured that in August it's warm and sunny for at least a week, so there's something to look forward to. I have to say, on the days I managed to bundle up and go running or, let's be honest, just walk outside, I find myself longing for those sunny Californian days. And wonder what in the world I was thinking ever leaving that place? What I would do for Zuma Beach and flip flops. Just kidding. Sortof. I'm glad to be here, but I have no idea what flip flips even look like anymore, and I have no tan lines whatsoever. That's a first in a long time. It's been a tough life, I know. Other than moaning about the weather, I've been recovering from essay-writing and gearing up for starting all over again.
Anyway, I have a few fun things, and a whole new semester, coming up so I will be back on a regular basis from here on out!
Cheers! x
No comments:
Post a Comment